Witness the Ownage Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8

5 posters

Go down

Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8 Empty Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8

Post  Sinbad 8 Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 am

Hey everyone.

I'll be posting recent gaming news along with rumours and cool things like that on here Very Happy Hopefully I can update this regularly with lots of immense gaming knowledge Twisted Evil So let's begin!

EA talk flops, films and Macbeth!

Dead Space and Mirror's edge were both big letdowns financially, and critically apparently. Weird, I know. The spokesperson said that the main contribution to the lack of sales and critical success was no multiplayer - probably why Dead Space 2 will be including multiplayer. Mirror's Edge also suffered from "uneven learning curve, difficulty issues and complete lack of narrative direction." Harsh! Both good games in my eyes, especially Dead Space! EA's main financial overachiever was Dante's Inferno - I love this game. Twisted Evil

EA went on to say in a separate interview that film based gaming is practically "as dead as the dinosaurs". They would probably know best seeing as they pioneered the most successful of Bond titles up until recent years when development was handed over to Activision - hence the implementation of the Modern Warfare engine. The spokesperson said that the team would rather "focus on original ideas and create better games than bog standard, average games that are ultimately forgettable." Maybe EA aren't that evil after all.

The last point is stranger however, as Visceral Games, a Californian (I think) branch of the EA company have expressed a lot of interest in a game based on Macbeth, having a Jack the Ripper based franchise in production at the moment. Personally, I think this would be awesome and would also open up a lot of doors for developers in terms of conceptual ideas. For those of you who appreciate Shakespeare's work, imagine a game adaptation of Titus Andronicus; awesome. Also, finally we are getting a bit more original instead of companies churning out soulless FPS games left right and centre. Visceral Games were in fact also behind Dante's Inferno, which was one of EA's only money earners as aforementioned.

Gears of War 3 Announcement "not what you expect"

Epic announced today that on December 11th at the VGA's, a Gears 3 related announcement will be made - "you will love it, it's going to be awesome, and it's not what you expect." Interesting! Multi platform announcement? I doubt it, seeing as Microsoft have already let exclusives such as Mass Effect slip, not to mention Halo could go anywhere now seeing as they aren't associated with Bungie. Kinnect support? Possibly, but I doubt it. (See rumours section.) 3D? Who knows.

Sony really do hate Microsoft - Move v Kinnect heats up

Last week Sony Move engineer Anton Mikhailov was quoted saying a Move-powered Lightsaber game would be "damn better than Kinect's". But he's not done bashing the MS motion controller... This time he says Kinect's tech is "not quite up to spec" and is "mostly technological problems". What a legend. Going to be interesting seeing how Kinnect and Move do over the Christmas period. Very interesting.

Rumours

Here I'll be listing recent rumours I've heard and read and whether I think they're true or not.

- Halo: Reach featured space battles in multiplayer but was dropped due to 'poor mechanics'.
True I say, and if Bungie say it didn't work then it didn't work.

- Epic are developing a game for Kinnect.
True, a company like this will not miss out on the new franchise.

- The next Assasin's Creed will be based in the USSR.
Maybe, seems like a good concept.

- Square Enix (Supreme Commander, 2) want the rights to Tomb Raider.
Can't see this happening.

- Bayonetta 2 and Uncharted 3 are on the verge of being revealed.
Definitely true, both had excellent predecessors and fully deserve sequels.

- Sony has working holographic demos.
True I say - Sony are about two moves ahead of most other competitors in the market at the moment, especially Microsoft.

- Ubisoft Toronto are developing Splinter Cell 6.
In my opinion, true. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the franchise now, or at least until next-gen though.
Sinbad 8
Sinbad 8
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Favourite Map : Asylum
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag
Registration date : 2007-11-28

https://witnesstheownage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8 Empty Re: Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8

Post  Randle Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 am

AC in semi-modern times would be sweeeet Razz I really hope they do this. Also, when they first announced the space gameplay for reach i thought they might put dat shit in to multiplayer, nice to know bungie had the same idea and I wasn't smoking something Razz

this is pretty intresting, halo CE remake may be in the works by 343, using the same engine as reach:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-30-rumour-microsoft-remaking-halo-1

nice post btw:P, look forward to reading the next one.
Randle
Randle

Number of posts : 88
Favourite Map : The Pit, Sanctuary
Favourite Gamemode : Team Doubles or CTF
Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://markrandle.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8 Empty Re: Official 'Gaming news and rumours and shiz!' by Sinbad 8

Post  Sinbad 8 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 am

Cheers man I look forward to writing some more stuff in due time.

Yeah the space combat thing was apparently just like the singe player aspect, and nearly made it into the full game. I think Bungie said something like it would have taken to much resource and given little reward in terms of new mechanics and suitability for multiplayer though - and the controls and mechanics sucked lol.
Sinbad 8
Sinbad 8
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Favourite Map : Asylum
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag

https://witnesstheownage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HSW Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:48 am

Nice post.

You guys already know my opinion -

Fuck motion control of any kind. Twisted Evil

EDIT: Just pinned it mate, should update it at some point - would be good to read.
HSW
HSW
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Favourite Map : Pinnacle, The Cage, Asylum. | The Pit, Guardian
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag CTF or Team Slayer

http://incompletejigsaw.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  aPhRo_ Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 am

Holography Razz that would be weird. Did a quick search and came up with this: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/sony-on-working-holographic-ps3-demos-911405

I don't know what it is about headtracking, tbh i've never played a game that does head tracking or can tell where you are looking but. I guess this would only really work for fairly large TV's else you'll look away from the screen. I dunno sounds a little bit annoying to me.
aPhRo_
aPhRo_

Number of posts : 126
Favourite Map : AZ Road Atlas
Registration date : 2007-12-02

http://www.myresistance.net/ostat.php?name=aPhRo_cag

Back to top Go down

Post  HyPeR-09 Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:54 am

aPhRo_ wrote:Holography Razz that would be weird. Did a quick search and came up with this: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/sony-on-working-holographic-ps3-demos-911405

I don't know what it is about headtracking, tbh i've never played a game that does head tracking or can tell where you are looking but. I guess this would only really work for fairly large TV's else you'll look away from the screen. I dunno sounds a little bit annoying to me.

I haven't read the article yet (it's loading) but I guess if there's a hologram around you, you could move your head to look at it? The headtracking might be used for other people looking at your model.

(Reading the article... brb)
Apparently it's used in a lesser extent in GT5, but I still don't get how it works. And my suggestion seems stupid.
HyPeR-09
HyPeR-09

Number of posts : 76
Favourite Map : Beavers
Favourite Gamemode : Rocket Race
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down