Witness the Ownage Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGA Game Announcements

4 posters

Go down

VGA Game Announcements Empty VGA Game Announcements

Post  Randle Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 am

Hey, this tread will have all of the games and their synopsis at the VGA Awards. Some really good games announced, looking forward to playing them.

Mass Effect 3

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

Trailer here

Release: November 8, 2011

(the eagerly anticipated)Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Not much has been said plot wise, but it has been stated "Skyrim will utilise a new proprietary engine, forgoing the Gamebryo engine used for the previous two instalments in the series. Todd Howard has stated that the studio has invested in new talent to significantly improve the characters and animation over previous Bethesda games."

Trailer here

Release : 11.11.11

Prototype 2

Perhaps one of the worst kept secrets of the VGAs this year, Activision’s announced Prototype 2 for release in 2012. The game introduces a new protagonist, Sgt. James Heller, who’s been tasked with destroying the previous game’s antihero, Alex Mercer. That’s a nice little twist.

Trailer Here

Release: 2012

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Uncharted 3 will see protagonist Nathan Drake and mentor Victor Sullivan travelling both worldwide and to desert locales, such as the Rub'al Khali desert, in search of the legendary lost city, the Iram of the Pillars. The plot will draw from the archaeology days of T. E. Lawrence.

Trailer here

Release: November 1, 2011

Resistance 3

The game takes place in 1957, 4 years after the events of Resistance 2, where Capelli has since started a family with Nathan's stepsister Susan. The chimera have since taken control over the planet, while the surviving humans have turned to cannibalism due to a lack of food.Capelli travels throughout the remnants of the United States through cities like New York City and St. Louis, Missouri where he meets old comrades such as Malikov.

Trailer here

Release: September 6, 2011

Portal 2

Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years after the first game. Despite her apparent destruction at the end of Portal, GLaDOS, an artificial intelligence computer system, is "still alive". The player controls Chell, the same protagonist from Portal; retroactively patched just prior to the sequel's official announcement, the ending of the first game shows Chell being dragged away by an unseen figure with a robotic voice, where she has been placed in stasis over the years. The game will again take place in the Aperture Science Labs, untouched by human hands but overrun by decay and nature.

Trailer here

Batman: Arkham City

The player once again controls Batman, making his way around Arkham City to complete mission objectives. In addition to the primary mission, the game will introduce secondary missions which will feature a number of key characters and their stories within the city. Movement about the city is made difficult due to the formation of gangs and territory between rival villains, such as Two-Face and the Joker, that causes in-fighting that Batman needs to avoid.

Trailer here

Release: March 25, 2011

Last edited by Randle on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Randle
Randle

Number of posts : 88
Favourite Map : The Pit, Sanctuary
Favourite Gamemode : Team Doubles or CTF
Registration date : 2008-07-12

http://markrandle.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

VGA Game Announcements Empty Re: VGA Game Announcements

Post  HSW Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 am

Very nice post. Nice structure.

I'll read it fully sometime and edit this post to talk about some of the games.
HSW
HSW
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Favourite Map : Pinnacle, The Cage, Asylum. | The Pit, Guardian
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag CTF or Team Slayer
Registration date : 2007-11-28

http://incompletejigsaw.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Randle Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:46 am

Haha cheers man, looking forward to reading it. I don't remember; did you like Oblivion? I know Ste lent you it cause its easy to 1k but i never knew your opinion on it:P

Yeah I did like the game. Seeing as it's on the same engine, i'll compare it to Fallout 3 - I prefered Fallout 3. That game had a fantastic atmosphere about it. Would definitely consider buying the next Elder Scrolls, despite not having played any others and having paid little to no attention to the story in the one I have completed! Very Happy

Would you expect anything else of me, really? A lot of people know me as a pro cutscene-skipper. Cool
Randle
Randle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinbad 8 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Mark my words:

Uncharted, Batman, Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls will define the gaming year and change each of their genres completely. Trust me.
Sinbad 8
Sinbad 8
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Favourite Map : Asylum
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag

https://witnesstheownage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HSW Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Sinbad 8 wrote:Mark my words:

Uncharted, Batman, Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls will define the gaming year and change each of their genres completely. Trust me.

Merked. Marked.
HSW
HSW
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Favourite Map : Pinnacle, The Cage, Asylum. | The Pit, Guardian
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag CTF or Team Slayer

http://incompletejigsaw.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Randle Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Sinbad 8 wrote:Mark my words:

Haha I agree, I can see each of those games being held high next year and even years after with DLC ect (I'm sure I played Oblivion, two years after it released and still wasn't bored of it Very Happy) What you mean about change each of their genres? Razz
Randle
Randle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike FUBAR Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:53 am

I'm a spaz.
Mike FUBAR